Mobile technology is changing the way we all work – and it’s now perfectly possible to manage teams, take over payments and even have control over invoices straight from a smartphone. In today’s information age, the business professional must be constantly connected to provide satisfactory service. However, utility does not have to end with the customer, busy minds and high stress plans can see a little relief with the right apps.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Word can be used on your Android phone or tablet to create, edit, view and share your work files. You can even edit Word documents that arrive by e-mail and create PDF files. Office 365 users can connect their accounts for real-time collaboration and cloud storage. If this app is right for you, you can download stand-alone applications for PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote.
Microsoft Remote Desktop
- For small business owners, the Microsoft Remote Desktop app is a reliable and secure way to connect to your desktop computer from your Android phone or tablet. It’s also an easy way to use your Windows applications on the go. For example, you can use full versions of Microsoft Word or Excel directly from your smartphone or tablet to view and edit documents from anywhere.
- No business is too small to accept credit cards, and you do not need a lot of special equipment for it. Once you have downloaded the Square Register application, you can sign up to receive a free credit card reader by mail. Simply plug the dongle into the headphone jack on your iPhone and swipe on a credit card to begin payment on the go. The application also allows you to manually enter credit card information. Square takes a cut from every payment, but remember: if your business does not accept credit cards, you lose business.
- By checking your phone for customer messages or employee messages, you can lose focus and limit your productivity. This is where AirDroid comes into play. Simply install the app on your Android smartphone, and then install the desktop application on your computer to read and send text messages and view call history on the big screen you’re already focused on. The application also allows you to quickly add or delete files from your phone’s internal memory.
- If you need a solid videoconferencing application to meet employees or customers remotely, the video chat service is hard to beat. With the Skype app for Android, you can make video calls to your phone using the front camera. The platform is flexible so you can connect with users on almost any device. And if you are not in the office, it can lead you to an employee meeting.