Everyone wants to do more during the day, but it’s easier said than done. Between dealing with customers, managing your team, answering e-mails, attending meetings, and many other tasks that require your attention, finding a few minutes for lunch can be tricky. No matter how busy you are, you can do more during the day without losing your head. All you need is the right strategy.
Start the day right
- The way you start the day sets the tone for the rest of the day. Therefore, developing a structured morning routine is the key to increasing productivity. Remember: when you sleep through your alarm clock, you wake up in a hurry and get the door feeling frantic and stressed how do you think the rest of the day will go? These hectic and stressed feelings will follow you to the door and straight into your office, preventing you from doing your best work. If you start the day focused and productive, the rest of the day will be useful and productive. Get up early. Have breakfast. Exercise. Read an inspiring business book. Spend a few moments visualizing your success for the day. These seem to be small things, but they make a big difference in establishing your success.
Master the most difficult projects
- If you have a task or project that is either a) hard b) boring or c) you just do not want to do so, you can try to reset it later. But pushing these kinds of projects can actually make you less productive. If you are working on a project that you do not want to do, anxiety and fear of working on the project will monopolize your head. This will make you less effective at the simpler or less difficult tasks you choose to work on instead. When we work on the toughest projects and complete them, our mental space can shift to other tasks. This increases your productivity throughout the day.
- Many people believe that you have to work 24 hours a day to maximize productivity, but that’s not true. If you want to do your best job (and do more during the day), it is best to take frequent breaks. Taking breaks promotes creativity, increases concentration and increases your productivity. It’s also great for your body. If you spend all day at your desk, it means serious health risks, but frequent stretching and breaks will help you counteract them. Take a walk. Have lunch outside. Go to an employee’s office to ask a question instead of sending an e-mail. Spend a few minutes reading the news or reading an article in your favorite magazine. That does not sound obvious, but if you take a few minutes from time to time, you can do more.
Limit the time
- One of the most important ways to increase your productivity is to avoid the “dreaded time” that threatens you. There are some activities that are an obvious a waste of time, like social media but other activities can be harder to recognize. What are these some examples of these activities? There are two main culprits: e-mail and meetings. Do not get me wrong: answer e-mails and join important meetings. But you have to limit the time you spend with it. Otherwise they can eat all day and prevent you from doing something productive. Set a few hours a day (for example, 9 am, 1 pm, and 4:30 pm) to check and reply to emails, then leave the rest of the day alone. When you are invited to a meeting, ask yourself, “Do I really need to attend this meeting?” If the answer is no, skip it. However, when a meeting takes place and you have to attend, keep it as brief and concise as possible.
Get tasks off your plate
- Many entrepreneurs feel the need to do everything themselves to be successful. If you want to be more productive, you need to learn how to delegate. Take a look at your daily routine and see what tasks you could do for someone else. Do you spend a lot of time with customer inquiries? Hire a virtual assistant or customer service representative to manage them. Did you work on a logo design for months without going anywhere? Send it to your marketing team. The more you can outsource to your team, the more free time you have during the day to work on projects that only you can manage, and the more work you will do. It is possible to do more during the day. And with these tips you will be surprised how much more productive you can be.